About the Auto Detailing Industry
Mobile Detail is dedicated to educating our customers and future customers interested in learning more about the auto detailing industry.
What is auto detailing?
- First off an Automobile detail is much more than a hand wash and shiny tires
- Automobile detailing is an art that involves a tremendous amount of talent, hard work, time, and patience
- Professional detailers offer customers and their vehicles a great service, doing things most people are unfamiliar with and cannot perform themselves:
- Adding protection to components throughout the interior and exterior of a vehicle
- Pulling the luster out of a paint finish and making the interiors look brand new
Detailers must be very educated when it comes to detailing an automobile.
What factors are necessary for a person taking on the endeavor of detailing a vehicle?
- Knowledge of paint technology and the differences between single stage and multiple stage paint
- Knowledge of clear coats and their reactions to different types of compounds and polishes
- Ability to appropriately choose proper equipment, pads, and chemicals
- Knowledge of various types of fabrics, carbon fiber, leathers and other very difficult surfaces
For many years, 'detailing' has been over exaggerated and used as a marketing scam.
How are customers often misled by the term 'detailing?'
- Unsuspecting customers are often lured into thinking they just had their vehicle "professionally detailed" when in reality, they just paid a very high premium for nothing more than an elaborate car wash
- Because the detailing industry is unregulated and anyone who wants to get involved in the industry may do so, many detailers today have not been properly trained or certified in the art of detailing
- This can cause many horrible problems since allowing an unqualified detailer to take care of your car is equivalent to entrusting a random, untrained person to style your hair
- Often, customers who spend $50.00 to get their car "detailed," end up paying thousands of dollars in repairs due to an untrained detailers' misuse of chemicals and lack of experience and knowledge
· Unfortunately, the art of detailing is often sold off as a fake substitute to an okay hand wash and wax job; however, Integrity Mobile Detail is a highly professional company that will ensure qualified detailing of its customers' vehicles.
Detailing has grown significantly since it first originated.
Where did detailing originate?
- Detailing originated from the paint and body shop industry and was often used in high-end car show events by owners of fine automobiles
- From here, professional detailing was born and became a major factor in the final outcome of any car show event
- During the late 1960s and into the 1970s, not everyone could afford the luxury of auto detailing; clients were normally only people with high-paying careers
- Today that is no longer a problem, and a good detailing job is available to all classes of people
Detailers evaluate and price each vehicle separately and accordingly, depending on its size and condition.
What do professional detailers consider when evaluating and pricing a vehicle?
- Professionals consider the entire automobile from top to bottom, evaluating every nook and cranny and every button and knob
- Detailers consider the exterior paint and trim as well as the vehicle's interior, the door jams, storage compartments, and the engine
- Clients receive a complete evaluation with recommendations on how the vehicle should be treated to give maximum results and protections for their money's worth